Friday, June 4, 2010

Heading to Australia



I am off to visit a new continent, the land of OZ on Monday, June 7th. The planning of this trip started over a year ago when I was living in Hong Kong. My friend Christine who I met in 2008 while living in Hong Kong is from Adelaide, Australia told me about a wine festival she goes to every year that takes place the 2nd weekend in June in Adelaide. I had decided it was a perfect excuse to travel over 9000 miles to drink wine. My cousin Julie, Aunt Carole, and her friend Judy (soon to be my friend) are joining me on the adventure. Below is our intinerary, hope to blog and share our stories/pictures everyday. Stay tuned.

Date Day Itinerary City staying
7-Jun Monday leave
9-Jun Wednesday arrive 6:30 am
9-Jun Wednesday Fly to Melbourne
10-Jun Thur Great Ocean Road Tour
11-Jun Friday Great Ocean Road Tour Adelaide
12-Jun Saturday City tour Adelaide
13-Jun Sunday Wine festival Adelaide
14-Jun Monday recover & tour Adelaide
15-Jun Tuesday fly to Cairns
16-Jun Wednesday Great Barrier Reef Cairns
17-Jun Thursday Rainforest Cairns
18-Jun Friday Rainforest Cairns
19-Jun Saturday fly to Sydney
20-Jun Sunday sydney
21-Jun Monday sydney
22-Jun Tuesday fly to MSP

9 comments:

  1. G'day Mate! Give my love to Down Under!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy!

    One continent crossed off the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an awesome time! When you come back me and you and my sis are going up to visit Mindy Thorson- find a free Friday night and we'll drive up to Eden Prairie okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How were the flights? Noise reducing headphones? Snacks on board? Did you get your passports stamped?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like quite the adventure you girls are having. Who got the top bunks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful! You're making me wish I was there with you. Looking forward to seeing all those pictures when you return. What a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clayton says . . . it sound like fun. He wishes he could be there drinking wine and sampling the Kangaroo. Can't wait to hear about your snorkeling adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All my kids should know I am keeping up with the younger set. It truly is the 30 year dream come true. Carole & Judy

    ReplyDelete